The following shipping instructions are for the continental USA. Please also see below shipping instructions to Hawaii, Alaska, APO, Canada and international.
1. Delivery Method
When you order in the continental USA, all the basic shipping prices will be included in the quotation. These shipping prices are based on Fedex Ground rates according to the weight dimensions and destination Zip.
Generally, Fedex will deliver to most business and residential locations. To guarantee delivery, customer will need to specify “Signature Required” for delivery. (Additional charge). We will not ship to an address where the Fedex driver just leaves on the front porch. Customer may specify some other address for us to ship to.
Larger, heavier items need be palletized and delivered by truck. There are 4 options for truck unloading:
a. Truck backs up to a loading dock - offload directly from the truck.
b. Customer offloads manually from back of truck. Do not count on driver’s assistance
c. Delivery on a “lift-gate” truck. Additional charge just to lower pallet to ground only ($150+)
d. Inside delivery. Additional charge. Driver will deliver inside (depends on product/locations)
2. Shipping Time
All in-stock products are shipped withing 2 business days
3. Express Deliveries
“Express” delivery is available for certain products to certain destinations.
4. Damage Claim
● Pinch Shield requires all damages to be reported at the time of delivery
● Damages can be as a result of:
- shipping (continue below with steps you need to take)
- manufacturer’s defect. See Warranty
● Please ensure that you inspect all the goods in your order as soon as it arrives. If the box or crate appears to be damaged or punctured, that’s a clue that the contents may also be damaged.
● Pinch Shield is NOT responsible for damages cause by the freight carrier.
● If on inspection you find such unacceptable damage to the product, do not accept the shipment. Write “DAMAGED” on the bill of lading or delivery receipt the driver gives you. Contact Pinch Shield immediately.
● Contact the carrier’s main office and request an inspection. If you do not do this we cannot help you.
● After you have opened your order, if you find some hidden damages, please contact Pinch Shield. Please save the boxe(s) and we will help you file a freight claim and try and get the necessary parts (if possible) to make the product meet factory specifications. If the freight company is at fault, they will compensate you for the damages/repair/replacement.
● If you find that there is a defect in the product that was not caused by the shipping, this will be processed as a warranty claim. See Warranty
The tracking number is sent to the customer as soon as the product ships out. It is the customer's responsibility to check on approximate delivery day. If the delivery date of a product has exceeded an acceptable time limit, please contact Pinch Shield customer service at 800-477-6434 or 404-521-9054 and we will obtain the tracking number or other confirmation of shipment
OUTSIDE CONTINENTAL USA
6. Hawaii and Alaska
There are several options:
- Option 1 - Fedex Air
- Option 2 - Fedex Ground
- Option 3 - Truck
- Option 1 - Fedex Air
- Option 2 - Fedex Ground to consolidator you select on West coast - to Hawaii via ship
For Alaska and Hawaii, Pinch Shield will deliver to the consolidator of your selection, but will take no further responsibility for the products beyond that point.
The products are oversized to ship via USPS to APO
Shipping to Canada is no problem. We will specify the " freight" charges at the time we quote.
The customer is responsible for payment to the carrier for applicable duties, brokerage fees, GST and PST. These are not included in the price.
Unless you specify a customs broker to handle the customs issues, for any Fedex shipments, the default broker will be “Fedex Trade Networks”, an affiliate of Fedex. For common carrier (truck) freight the fees will be paid to/through the applicable customs broker or your choice.
Exceptions to this policy are negotiated on a case by case basis
Many of the individual products are costly to ship outside the continental USA and Canada. Quotations will be provided on an individual order basis. The same customs brokerage rules apply as for Canada.